Wednesday 11 May 2011

Taking the big step...


Few weeks ago I decided to take ( for me) a big step and show my photo art on facebook (where everybody could see it and I mean EVERYBODY... which can be a good thing as well as a very bad thing... (idea maybe?)) I've been thinking for a while what on earth I should (could) do, firstly about my longing of becoming an good photographer, secondly what kind of photography I would like to make and finally how and where to show it to everybody (anybody??) that might be slightest interested and hopefully get some credit. But as this world of ours is quite big and many people (and many very talented people) in it, I went around thinking that my shot to be noticed among all this people, was rather slim... But since I am definitely not the only artist that has thought those thoughts, I decided to push them aside and start believing what so many people have told me through the years, that I DO have a talent. Even though it might (read: will )need some polishing... So off I went and started taking some serious photos, really planing my shots hoping for one or two good pics at least... No need to say, thanks to my ADHD, I soon discovered that, THAT was not a plan I could stick to for a longer period of time. And as quickly as that idea had come to me, it went flying out the window... Instead I decided to let my mind and fantasy free and shoot what ever might catch my eye each and every time.

To make a long story short; I am now producing art of my photos. I take a picture and manipulate it you could say till I'm happy with the outcome. I hope that somewhere down the road, sooner or later one or more of my pics will catch someones eyes and who knows what will be...

Until then, I will gladly keep on being creative and express how I see this world. A world that looks so different to each of us at the same time that there is only one.

Thanks for dropping by. Welcome back anytime!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Áfram Alex!!

Kveðja, Hjördís

Alex Christopher said...

Takk Hjördís! I will :O)