Monday 14 July 2008

It seems that my trip might be starting in...

Scotland! The land of the kilt!

As I mentioned i my last post, good things come to those who wait. It is being proved to me over and over again.
The last few weeks I've been searching for a couch to surf my first days in the UK. I've posted requests to people in my groups at the Couch Surfing community with not so much luck. Exept from few really nice people, that live in places far from London, which I was hoping to be my first stop. I have thought many times to just give up the whole idea since many people are busy this time of year and instead book some crappy Hostel to start with. But that would of course eventually eat up all my travel money long time before I get some more. Leaving me broke and miserable somewhere in the big city of London missing out the great opportunity to meet really nice locals and all the fun it could bring. Or at least that's is the scenario which has been playing in my head lately.

I guess that it is natural to feel nervousness before a journey. Especially the kind of a trip that I'm about to make. Leaving everything behind and not knowing when I'll return or what will happen along the road. Eventhough I know things are going to be OK, it doesn't stop me from worrying and thinking that things could get ugly...
But as much as I worry, there is actually no need to. Cause at the end of the day, things tend to work out just fine. And that has again been proved to me. Today I got not only one but two messages from friendly strangers offering me a place to stay or to at least meet up for coffee and a sightseeing in the wonderful city of Glasgow.
It just proves that things will work out just fine and there is really no need to panic!

No comments: