Wednesday 15 April 2009

Not everyday is filled with great dreams and big plans...


So after reading other blogs and seeing what people are talking about out there, I've realized that my posts do not always have to be about my BIG travel plans and dreams. Sometimes I could just write about the place I'm at and the everyday boredom there is... and feel OK about it.
But sometimes it's hard to face things as they are, especially if their not as you would like them to be. I mean if I was really happy with my life, I wouldn't be sitting here talking about how much I want to leave it all and start all over again (and turn back the clock a few years or so). But that is not going to happen, not right now at least, (nor can I change the time). So all there is, is to face the fact that I've spent too much time here, stop whining about it and start doing something to prevent that the next 20 yrs or so will be spent the same way.
It will take time to turn things around. Rome wasn't built in one day, or that's what they say... So every morning I get up and each day looks pretty much the same. Even the evenings are starting to look too much the same... It feels like I'm living the same day all over again, over and over... and that scares me...
You've probably seen movies about people living the same day over and over until they get it. I mean until they understand what they need to do to make things right. I know what I'm doing wrong and
until I can fix it (the big picture), I need to make small changes, one at the time... There is no shortcut.
Everyday life is kinda boring. Really. Doesn't matter if you're working or not, if you have family or live on your own... It all pretty much looks the same. If you let it. I think it's the details that make the big picture... You change one little thing and the rest will change with it... I'm always thinking I need to make big changes to make things better.
But I guess that's not the answer.
So to get to where I really want to be, I need to take lots of small small steps (make changes) to make the whole picture (my life) as I want it to be... Are you with me?

To know the difference between boring and fun, we all need to have our share of the rollercoaster ride... And as much as I hate it sometimes, I know it's not gonna last forever. You know the saying that "what goes up, must come down" in this case... it's reversed. It will come up again. Things will turn and they do before you know it!

Take care and thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

Xinaed said...

Lol, yes, you can write about normal every day things. That's mostly all I write about. However, I usually like to spice things up a bit, with a little flare, and taste.

I honestly have a hard time following blogs, that aren't very personal, and only informal. Can we say boring? If I wanted lectures, I'd go to college. :P

Life is a roller coaster, and I'm always looking forward to the highs and the lows. It's the sudden stop! at the end that I dread. :/

I wonder what that means.. hmm.

Anyway, take care man, and don't let boredom overcome you.